Background: Dr. Sandip Mukhopadhyay is MBBS from Burdwan Medical College and was University topper and Gold medallist in Pharmacology. He joined West Bengal Health Service as a Medical Officer in Malda District of West Bengal. Later he was absorbed in West Bengal Medical Education Service as RMO cum Clinical Tutor in Anaesthesiology at North Bengal Medical College. After his work for more than a decade, he joined MD in Pharmacology in Christian Medical College-Ludhiana. During MD he started his journey in Clinical research. After his MD, he also completed a fellowship in Palliative Medicine from Institute of Palliative Medicine, Calicut.
He has nearly 15 years background of Clinical service in Surgery, Anaesthesiology & General Practice in different parts of West Bengal.
Roles & responsibilities: Presently he handles the responsibilities of teaching Pharmacology to the Medical students (UG & PG) as well as paramedics. He is also the Coordinator of Pharmacovigilance Committee, Convenor of Website committee and member of Hospital Infection Control Committee, Beautification Committee, Library Committee, Institutional Ethics Committee, Scientific Review Committee and Medical Education Unit of the Institute.
Training: He is trained in and trainer of Good Clinical Practice, Biomedical ethics, Research methods, Applied Psychometrics and Communication skills.
- RBCW (Revised Basic Workshop in Medical Education Technology)- from King George Medical University, Lucknow (2017)
- FAIMER Fellowship: GSMC-FAIMER batch 2018 (FAIMER-Philadelphia & Seth GS Medical College-Mumbai)
Research: He is active in clinical research. His present research focus is Oncology-palliative care-Pharmacology interface.
Research & Review articles: 15 (Twelve National and three International publications in indexed journals).
Book chapters: Authored two book chapters (Springer Nature).
Reviewer of a number of indexed journals of from prestigious publishers including Wiley, Springer Nature and Future Group.
- Total Eight International awards & scholarships in credit.
- ‘Young investigator (Scientist)’ award by the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in cancer (MASCC) in 2017 (Washington DC, USA).
- University Gold Medal in Pharmacology in MBBS.
Conference/ Symposium & Workshops:
- Attended more than 50 conference and workshops.
- Research Paper presentation: Presented 12 papers in International and more than 20 papers in National level conferences.
- Guest lecture/ resource person: Presented Guest lecture and participated as resource person in 28 National/ International Conferences, symposiums and Workshops.
Other achievements/ responsibilities:
- ‘Vice Chair’ of Palliative Care Study group (2019-2022) of Multinational Association of Supportive Care in cancer (MASCC)
- Declared as the first ever ‘MASCC Ambassador’ for India in 2017-18.
- He is also the Vice President of Indian Medical Pharmacologists Association
- Worked as a member of Clinical Pharmacology & therapeutics (CPT) Working group of European Association of Clinical Pharmacology
- Remained Joint Organizing Secretary of Golden Jubilee Celebration Committee of Burdwan Medical College and BMC Golden Jubilee Conference (BMC GoldCON) in 2019.
Experience as a faculty
RMO cum Clinical Tutor, Anaesthesiology: 12+ years (North Bengal Medical College, Burdwan Medical College, Medical College-Kolkata)
PG demonstrator, Pharmacology: 3 years (Christian Medical College, Ludhiana)
Demonstrator, Pharmacology: 1 year (Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan)
Assistant Professor, Pharmacology: 3 year 6 months (Burdwan Medical College)
Guided two ICMR research studentships (STS) and a number of non-thesis PG research projects.