To offer a nationally leading and internationally known medical education that produces excellent doctors equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to respond to challenges within healthcare and to transform patient care.
To produce knowledgeable, caring and competent students by imparting knowledge and skills that will encourage and enable practice of ethical and scientifically-based health care with a high level of Skill and Social Responsibility.
To create a teaching and learning environment to help students develop their own learning styles and ability to use academic resources, while reflecting on their experience. The medical course is designed to develop and maintain lifelong patterns of appropriate professional behavior.
To synthesize and integrate knowledge gained from several disciplines into plausible explanations for clinically related problems or situations and develop effective wellness strategies through:
- Data collection- both through patient history and physical examination.
- Procedural and analytical skills.
- Proper use of technology.
- Arriving at an effective diagnostic plan.
- Critical appraisal, interpretation and application of scientific knowledge to clinical practice.
- Practice learning as a lifelong commitment.
- Empathy towards patients-given their biological, social and psychological needs, their families and the society at large.
The Goal of the Burdwan Medical College and Hospital is to train U.G. and P.G. Medical graduates in the field of health sciences to achieve physical, mental and spiritual health for the whole nation.